Now Hiring: Part-time Therapist (RP, RSW)
- Specializing in Relational Therapy
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time associate to join our practice. Balanced Mind and Wellness Inc. is a rapidly growing practice located in Etobicoke (on Bloor St, minutes walk from Islington & Royal York), with easy access to TTC, Mississauga transit, and parking. We are in a newly renovated, modern office in a quiet medical building.
The focus of our practice is to provide evidence-based, culturally informed services to individual, couples, and families. We pride ourselves in offering holistic treatments to complement counselling, including naturopathic and acupuncture services.
Registered Psychotherapists (RP) and Registered Social Workers (RSW) may apply. The position is an independent contractor role, with a favourable associate percentage split going to the practitioner. Established practitioners from the area looking to relocate their practice are also welcome to apply.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience (3+ years) with provision of psychotherapy services
- Must have experience with/ be specialized in working with:
- Couples, familial relationships, and family counselling with 3+ members
- Individuals and couples who are struggling with relationship issues, including communication difficulties and interpersonal conflict
- Parenting issues and family-related issues
- Pre-marital, separation and divorce counselling an asset
- RP registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists OR RSW registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Training in evidence-based interventions and interest in psychotherapy integration
- Good case conceptualization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Couples therapy experience would be an asset; however, is not required
- Must have flexibility to work evening and weekend hours
Benefits of the job
- Develop a caseload that suits your professional development needs
- Opportunity to learn or further improve your skills in specific therapy models and client groups such as CBT, DBT, Psychodynamic, couples therapy, and personality disorders.
- Weekly case consultation and supervision available
- Bi-weekly meetings and case consultations
Further information about the practice can be found at
Interested candidates can email me with a cover letter and resume. Applications will continue to be collected until the position is filled.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $80.00-$115.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
- Work From Home
We are seeing clients in-person on a case-by-case basis. Clients who come to our office are required to fill out a mandatory screening 8 hours prior to each appointment. Our office is fully equipped with cleaning products and PPE.
- psychotherapeutic counselling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Required)