The Parks & Landscape Worker at Victoria Contracting and Municipal Maintenance Corp. Victoria Contracting is part of a large team that provides maintenance and public service to several municipalities in the Capital Regional District. As such, employees with Victoria Contracting are expected to engage in a diverse range of activities.
Reporting to their Team Lead, the Parks & Landscape Worker is primarily responsible for performing tasks required to enhance and maintain public park area and boulevards. The Parks & Landscape Worker will work in a team, completing tasks and projects as assigned in various municipalities. Responsibilities may include:
- Operating a variety of equipment to fulfill job duties; including but not limited to: leaf-blowers, lawn hedge-trimmers etc.
- Operating basic hand tools such as shovels, rakes, etc.
- Operating all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant policies and procedures
- Planting and maintaining shrubs/trees
- Installing and maintaining gardens/landscaping weeding, bark mulch, watering, planting.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and dealing with the public in a courteous and respectful manner at all times
- Assisting in other physical labour tasks as required
- Participating in and recording pre-job safety meetings
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to safely operate a variety of equipment
- Strong communication skills, specifically the ability to convey information effectively
- Strong active listening skills, specifically taking directions and putting them into action
- Landscape and/or horticultural experience is considered an asset
This job is physically demanding and requires working outdoors in all weather conditions. The applicant must be able to stand/kneel for extended periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, and do repetitive tasks.
Wages are competitive and based on knowledge and experience.
Victoria Contracting offers a fun and challenging work environment. Whether you are a student looking for seasonal work, or you are looking for a permanent and rewarding year-round position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a respected organization. To apply, please email your resume, clearly communicating how you meet the qualifications outlined in this posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- general labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- British Columbia (Preferred)