Residential Life Supervisor, Part-Time
Residential Life Supervisor, Part Time - two evenings per week and every other weekend.
If you are looking for a fun and rewarding job working with highly motivated grade 9, 10, 11 and 12 students from around the world, then this job is for you!
Merrick Preparatory School is a grade 9 - 12 university preparatory high school located in a beautiful historic building in the scenic village of Merrickville, 45 minutes from Ottawa. Since 2012 we have been providing a world class boarding and educational experience for students from around the world who are looking to increase their English language skills and gain admission into a top tier Canadian, American or UK university.
We are seeking two part-time Residential Life Supervisors to work with and supervise our students in the evenings and on weekends. The schedule rotates so there is much room for flexibility and time off. Meals are provided free of charge.
Reporting to the Residential Life Coordinator and the Headmaster, the Residential Life Supervisor provides exemplary leadership in the residential and social services that Merrick Preparatory School provides to its students, and plays a critical role in the development, design and delivery of residential life programming. Interacting with all students, the Residential Life Supervisor provides guidance, encouragement, and care to our students, providing an emotionally and physically safe space for all.
The Residential Life Supervisor work hours will include evening and weekend commitments. The Residential Life Supervisor work hours are outlined on the Residential Life Staff Schedule available upon request.
· Superior client service: ability to work with teenagers and staff and promote healthy living.
· Supports student involvement in curricular and co-curricular activities.
· Adaptability and flexibility to meet the needs of our diverse clientele.
· A willingness and interest in working with teens from around the world: a diverse population.
· Superior organizational, time management and detail-oriented skills to ensure a safe, organized, fun and productive learning environment for our students.
· University degree or College diploma, ideally in education, psychology, physical education, kinesiology, sport psychology or related field, required
· First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Defibrillation Certificate, required (can be acquired once hired)
· Valid and clean driver’s license, required
· Successful completion of WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety on-line course, required (can be acquired once hired)
· Police Record Check, Vulnerable Sector, required
· Valid Royal Life Saving certification, preferred
· Ontario Teaching Certificate and English as a second language training, preferred
· Work with teenagers in a school, residential or camp setting is required.
SKILLS: Excellent communication and listening skills. Exemplary ability to exercise fair and ethical judgment. Sensitivity to other cultures. Superior skills in motivating and inspiring teenagers into action. Ability to manage a highly diverse group of students, not only culturally, but in personality as well. Sound judgment and decision-making skills with regards to managing and leading teenagers on-site and during off-site excursions – ability to execute control when required. Excellent interpersonal skills with teenagers. A team player.
Job Type: Part-time.
Hours: Two-week rotation:
Week 1: two evenings per week = 15 hours
Week 2: two evenings per week + the weekend = 38 hours
Required experience: 1 year
Start Date: September 1, 2021
End Date: June 30, 2022
i) Summer Camp and Summer School July 2022.
ii) 2022 – 2023 Academic Year Contract Renewal
Proof of a COVID vaccine will be required as a condition of employment.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Kevin Farrell, Headmaster. Only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 10 months
Part-time hours: 15 - 38 per week
Application deadline: 2021-07-13
Expected start date: 2021-09-01
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: From $1,800.00 per month
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
All staff and all students must be COVID vaccinated. We have a "Readiness Plan" approved by the Ontario Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and the local Public Health unit, in addition to a Public Health nurse on call.