Pieridae owns and operates natural gas and liquids-producing assets across Canada, with a primary focus on our Foothills assets in Alberta which produce approximately 42,000 boe/day, in addition to our three major sour gas processing facilities. Pieridae employs approximately 300 people across its operating locations and Calgary head office. We are an inclusive and diverse team with many exciting challenges and opportunities for learning and career growth.
Reporting to the VP Land, the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) will provide leadership and advice to operations with respect to community engagement and stakeholder relations. This role includes but is not limited to regulatory compliance activities, notifications, social investment, and external engagements. The CLO will be the face and contact for Pieridae in the Jumping Pound area
Stakeholder and Commitment Management
· Respond and follow-up on complaints, requests, and feedback from the community.
· Document calls and feedback from the community.
· Establish, lead, and manage external relations with community and stakeholders.
· Responsibility to ensure timely notifications to stakeholders in accordance with the regulations.
· Manage and track good neighbor notifications.
· Work closely with asset and project teams on supporting field activities and their impact on the community.
· Maintenance of Non-Technical Risk (IAP, upcoming projects, and reclamations etc.).
· Work closely with Regulatory/D56 advisor and Indigenous Relations on routine and non-routine applications.
· ERP – Public Information Officer
· Attendance to all ERP training and drills
· Maintenance of resident database and ERP Maps
· Organize community Open Houses
· Contribute to periodic newsletters working with Director of External Reporting
· Social Investment – receive, approve SI requests within budget
· Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders including Indigenous Partners (Stoney Nakoda), community representatives, residents, and their representation.
Education and Work Experience
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
· Must possess a technical certificate, degree or diploma or equivalent operator experience.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent phone skills an asset.
· Must have 10+ years’ experience in oil & gas.
· Must be willing to be available at all hours and weekend if an emergency demands it.
· Working knowledge of provincial and federal regulations. Experience with D56 an asset.
· Working effectively across organizational and functional boundaries.
· Ability to manage projects and work processes that may have competing priorities.
· The temperament to work with difficult individuals and problem solve for unique circumstances.
· Passion for positive relationships, problem-solving and offering sustained and cost-effective solutions.
· Be a strong team player directly supporting the Operations Teams and HSE Team.
· Be a strong champion for Pieridae ensuring a positive social license to best operate in the community
· Self-driven and delivery oriented.
· Attention to details and awareness of legal requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Required to wear a mask in common areas.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Oil & Gas: 10 years (required)
- Provincial & Federal legislation: 5 years (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19