We are looking for an IT Systems Admin who will be in-charge of IT maintenance and support, networks security, while supporting end-users with various hardware and software requests for our Canadian operations in Oakville, Ontario.
You’ll be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks, diagnose hardware and software faults, and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in fast-paced, team environment and who takes pride in delivering timely and accurate responses to users.
IT Systems Admin duties include:
- Provide support for all software and application installation on desktops, laptops and servers including the configuration of MS Windows, MSOffice, TCP/IP, VPN, SolidWorks, ERP (Epicor), Printers, Shared Folders.
- Lead implementation of new ERP (Epicor) – i.e. security master, business liaison;
- Provide support for all hardware desktop technology - PC’s, laptops, printers, phones and related peripheral devices;
- Troubleshooting and catering to daily requests from employees, including adding/deleting users (on Windows Active Directory Domain), maintaining email groups, and other miscellaneous IT requests;
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations;
- Hands-on networking (Cisco Meraki, Ringcentral, Synology) - routers, switches, firewalls, VOIP , NAS, etc.;
- Manage vendor relationship, ensure timely/accurate communication and resolution of issues; Monitor billing/expenses against contacts,
- Documents and maintain inventory of all computing equipment including PC’s, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment,
- Maintains network and PC preventive maintenance logging efforts and company antivirus to ensure data integrity;
- Acquisition and installation of new hardware – servers, laptops, desktops, smartphones, printers;
- Tests new software applications and recommends purchase where required;
- Develop, write and maintain end-user documentation;
- Maintains confidentiality, security policies, and acceptable use policies regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by all users on the network;
- Oversee backup requirements, replication and storage, restore and recover corrupted databases/files when required,
- Maintain and oversee security and surveillance systems,
- Leads disaster recovery;
You qualify for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role supporting IT & security for office networks and users;
- Degree or Diploma in Management Information System, Technology, or Computer Science
- ITIL, Microsoft, Comptia, Google, Cisco or Amazon certifications a plus
- Hands-on experience with: MS Windows, MS Office, Office 365 , TCP/IP, VPN, Hyper-V, Veem, SolidWorks, ERP (Epicor), routers, switches, firewalls, VOIP;
- Excellent customer service with strong ownership mind, verbal and written skills;
- Ability to work with users on-site and remotely;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and independent thinking in troubleshooting various IT inquiries.
- Manual dexterity (full range of motion);
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs, moving computer equipment to different work locations;
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and reporting skills.
During the selection process you might undergo technical and psychometric tests, as well as practical exercises to help us identify those who have the right attitude, skills, know-how and to find a cultural fit with our company’s values.
- We offer learning opportunities enabling professional growth
- You will receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience
- You will have room to grow your career
- You may take pride in having participated in landmark projects at home and around the world
- When you work with us you can qualify for professional development, employer sponsored health benefits and retirement savings plan
We are an exceptional and talented team who believe in the GVA vision and share GVA values. Our passion and enthusiasm are contagious, and they have helped us attract great talent, partners, and clients. If you want to be part of a young, dynamic and growing organization then you are the candidate we are looking.
GVA Lighting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the GVA Lighting hiring process.
We thank all the candidates for their interest in GVA lighting, however only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT support: 4 years (Required)
- Network Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Network Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)