RETAIL ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
REPORTING TO DIRECTOR OF RETAIL ACCOUNTING
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Greenergy International is the second largest privately-owned company in the UK who is owned by Brookfield Asset Management. Established in 1992, with global offices in Canada, the USA, Brazil and Dubai that delivers low-cost fuels to customers.
In Canada, the company operates a national gas and convenience retail network of over 230 locations, with a vast portfolio of brands as well as a strategic fuel supply network. Greenergy is the exclusive Mobil branded wholesaler and offers the leading PC Optimum loyalty program at these locations. It also wholly owns and manages the Mr. Gas and Waypoint Convenience brands, as well as Inver and Breakaway offers with independent retailers.
Each employee adds value to the business and the expectations are high. Greenergy International is a big organization with a small company mind-set. The work is diverse and interesting; we are constantly evolving and improving.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Greenergy continues to grow in the retail business. This role is to support the Director of Retail Accounting to monitor all retail accounting transactions and provide support to the Retail Accounting team.
Reporting to the Director of Retail Accounting, this role is responsible for monitoring the retail accounting transactions in our backend system. The position also assists in other financial functions, such as posting invoices, preparing analysis, running UAT and supporting others (internally and externally) on retail accounting transaction issues. There is a retail accountant directly reporting to this position.
· Monitor transactions for the retail accounting business.
· Review and post invoices and credit memos prepared by retail accountants.
· Prepare bank reconciliations.
· Participate in month-end/year-end close processes and prepare supported journal entries.
· Develop and produce key analysis and reporting on retail accounting transaction data, such as site activities review, stock adjustment, COGS reconciliation, etc.
· Manage the Retail Business Opportunity (RBO) model for the agency model.
· Respond to retailers, vendors, and other departments to answer any retail accounting process questions.
· Supervise a retail accountant.
· Provide training and support to the retail accounting team on different retail accounting functions.
· Design various self-serve reports for use by different departments and support them with ad-hoc analysis as needed.
· Assist and coordinate user acceptance testing.
· Complete monthly fuel tax filing.
· Handle fuel tax related questions.
· Handle other ad hoc requests.
· Working towards obtaining a CPA designation.
· Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft NAV (or similar ERP systems) an asset.
· Bilingualism in English and French would be considered a strong asset.
· University degree or diploma in Accounting or Business.
· 2-5 years experience in the back-office of a retail business.
· Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
· Strong English communication skills required, verbal and written.
· Strong organization, analytical, communication and time management skills.
· Able to connect with peers from varied backgrounds.
Greenergy is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent