Are you looking for a job you can take pride in and a career you can feel passionate about? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Utility Operator to join our growing business at our Stratford, ON facility on the afternoon shift!
Who We Are
Since 1923, Steelcraft has crafted a culture of service and excellence within its business that has enabled the company to partner with its customers to serve today’s highly complex and demanding global manufacturing marketplace.
Steelcraft’s QCI business combines imagination with engineering discipline to deliver high quality, heavy machined fabrications and sheet metal components for the heavy equipment manufacturing market, serving a diverse number of global brands. Our culture of service, desire for excellence and reputation for quality is unmatched in the industry today. we strive to exceed our customers' expectations by always keeping in mind our three main objectives; Quality, Cost, Delivery.
We are proud to employ some of the most creative minds at work, and our team members are fueled by our commitment to quality. Whether it is engineering new manufacturing techniques, creating innovative products, or designing a faster delivery process, our people are fully committed to continuous improvement and work in collaboration with our customers to make projects happen.
What We Offer
We offer a culture that is built on quality, safety & integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers.
Developing our employees has been a core function and commitment of our business; we strongly support the personal development and growth of everyone within our organization.
Decision-making, creative thinking, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas is encouraged deep within our business divisions.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health and RRSP Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, and Vehicle/Travel Allowances.
Come be part of a winning team !
We are looking for a Utility Operator who will be responsible to bevel various gauges of material as per the part specific blueprint, to deburr all metal parts produced from the burn tables, to move parts within the work area, and to perform cleaning and Leak Testing of assemblies as per customer specifications. Work must be carried out safely, in a timely manner, using appropriate tools, meeting production standards and required Quality Assurance specifications.
- Ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- Verify material and saw set up correspond with drawing requirements.
- Ensure WIP tags and updated traveler move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- Start up and shut down of cutting torches.
- Inspect and deburr all manufactured production parts after they come off the Plasma, Burn, and Gas tables.
- Cut, grind, or chip excessive metal from the manufactured product using various hand tools provided.
- Transport raw materials & finished metal products safely by using manual hoists and other devices provided.
- Complete required paperwork, including ITP paperwork, daily maintenance and repair logs
- Select appropriate tooling for job requirements.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery
- Communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Follow all lock out procedures when doing repairs, and adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your Skills Set
- Grade twelve education or equivalent, with basic reading, writing, and some advanced mathematics skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of various industry related hand tools (Grinder, Hammer, Air Chisel, Die Grinder, Plate Clamps)
- Knowledge of torch operation (settings, neutral flame, material thickness)
- Safe experience working with lifting devices (Crane, Lift truck, Magnet and other Lifting devices)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team; must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to frequently lift materials up to 30 lbs.
- WHMIS training.
- Health Benefits
- RRSP Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steelcraft Inc. is located in Stratford, Ontario. Known for its friendliness and numerous events, Stratford makes residents and newcomers feel welcome and an integral part of community life.
Why Should You Apply?
- We value workplace health and safety
- Company culture of learning and development
- Health and RRSP Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
We Want to Hear From You!
If our Manufacturing Engineering Technologist position sounds like a great opportunity and you possess the skillset we are looking for please e-mail us your resume stating job title and location in the subject line.
We look forward to working with you!
We appreciate your interest in Steelcraft but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Vision care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- manufacturing : 1 year (Preferred)