Patient Access Representative - Scheduling
Temporary Part Time position (approximately 15 months)
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals — Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital — and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Patient Access Representative (Scheduling) is a valuable member of the Patient Access team and has a significant impact on the effective operation of patient scheduling/ registration functions at Mackenzie Health. This position is responsible for the accurate and efficient pre-registration, registration and scheduling services by phone to support quick and easy front desk check in, maintaining a progressive and personalized health care environment for patients.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Medical terminology certificate required or completion within 3 months of hire.
- Graduate of a Medical Office Administration Program or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or relevant experience, required.
What else do you bring?
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Well-developed keyboarding/ computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 50-60 wpm and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- A minimum of one year scheduling experience or a minimum of two years of registration experience in a hospital setting, preferred.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- This position is represented by OPSEU
- May be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.