We are looking for candidates that are eager to continue and build upon our drone program for capturing a multitude of data in the pipeline construction industry. Developing innovations in processes and procedures to elevate our organization to the forefront of technology in the industry.
- Perform the pre-flight checks and inspections of UAV System.
- Fly the UAV as the primary pilot/operator.
- Be familiar with the normal operating procedures and the emergency procedures.
- Coordinate with the on-site contact.
- Assist in the deployment and setup of the UAV System.
- Prepare the post inspection report and maintain proper records and documentation.
- Oversee and ensure battery and UAV flight logs and records are complete and recorded
- Use and update operator manuals.
- Responsible for implementation of operational decisions such as dealing with onsite emergencies and mission updates.
- Perform the daily and routine maintenance inspections of the UAV System.
- Carry out maintenance inspections, fault diagnosis and rectification as necessary.
- Implement software upgrades to the UAV System components as required.
In addition to these duties personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the company.
Small Advanced Drone Pilot License from Transportation Canada.
Valid Class 5 Driver's License and can provide a clean driver’s abstract.
Experience with DJI products.
Experience with programming, execution, and post-processing of 2D and 3D photogrammetry flights.
Experience with programming, execution, and post-processing of photo and video flights.
Preferred Surveying experience ability to place and maintain Ground Control Points for Photogrammetry Missions.
Preferred capability to perform simple AutoCAD sketches.
Preferred experience in an industrial construction site.
Preferred experience with Pix4D, AgiSoft, Site Scan from Esri, and Litchi.
Skills and Knowledge
Understanding of the oil and gas pipeline construction industry.
Basic understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database.
Ability to think analytically and solve problems.
Strong written oral communication skills, having the ability to listen and ask questions to clarify understanding as necessary.
High level of attention to detail.
Strong problem-solving skills in a field environment.
Appreciate the time, cost, and quality implications of the role.
Ability to use own initiative, self-manage, and prioritize tasks each day.
Ability to take direction, work in a team environment, and contribute to the success of the project.
Capable of completing work to deadlines.
Complete training and required valid safety tickets is a requirement prior to employment.
Must be physically fit and able to walk on uneven terrain for sustained periods of time.
This position is field based and often works within remote project locations. Travel and/or living in temporary accommodations is required. This position works 6 days on 1 day off Monday – Saturday, 12 hours per day.
The Drone Pilot reports to the Project Engineering Lead.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.