*This is an on-site position only! Location: 220 Dunn Rd. Stratford, Ontario*
$29.50 - $42.00 per hour
Shift Premium: $1.00/hour on afternoon & midnight shifts
Benefits: Company pension, Dental care, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Life insurance, On-site parking, Vision care
Additional pay: Overtime pay
- 1.5 x rate of pay after 38.33 weekly hours
- 2.0 x rate of pay after 46 hours
Relocation Assistance Available
Area of Accountability: Stamping presses, robots, cooling systems etc. Mechanical and electrical repairs for various manufacturing equipment and programing (PLC). Implementation of continuous improvement activities to equipment including verification and effectiveness of the change.
- Follows all safety rules, guidelines and uses appropriate PPE. Raises potential safety hazards to others as well as the equipment.
- Maintains excellent 5S conditions.
- Dis-assembles and assembles robots or peripheral equipment to make repairs such as replacing of circuit boards, sensors, controllers, servo motors (incl. encoders) as well as, mechanical components.
- Performs preventive or corrective maintenance on manufacturing equipment, including pneumatic & hydraulic systems.
- Maintains repair & service reports (Daily Downtime Reports & Major Downtime Reports) of presses, robotic equipment and automated production systems.
- Installs, programs, or repairs programmable controllers, VFD’s etc.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts using hand & power tools.
- Terminates wire harnesses and other electrical installations.
- Develops, corrects and verifies robotic path motions to ensure safety, quality and equipment efficiency.
- Maintains and repairs building equipment including air compressor system, water treatment system, lighting etc.
- Maintains inventory of spare parts.
- Attends daily Start of Shift and End of Shift meetings for proper handover of shifts.
- Assists with 8-Step problem solving activities.
- Informs his/her Leader if equipment is down for more than 20 minutes (Escalation Process)
- Validates all repairs and Preventive Maintenance activities by performing the 5-Piece Validation check.
- Participates, develops and improves all PM activities.
- Works with contractors as necessary to implement new equipment or modify existing equipment.
- Be available for shift work and overtime as required.
- Supports and develops process improvements and Kaizen activities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIO’s Environmental Policy and participate in programs that enhance environmental performance. Identifies and communicates any potential non-conformances.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the EPRP (Emergency Preparedness Response Plan).
- Certificate of Qualification required
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical experience.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal.
- Sound judgment in decision making and establishing priorities.
- Proactive and oriented to make improvements in systems and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
FIO Automotive Canada Corporation is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter.
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $29.50-$42.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- millwright: 1 year (required)
Work Location: On the road