1. Working and communicating closely with the Quality Team, Site Leaders, Corporate Office
employees, and other administrative employees.
2. In collaboration with the Quality Team, provides administrative support for quality
improvement initiatives based on the Park Place Quality Improvement (QIP)Program.
3. Participates in a variety of meetings, including agenda setting and minute taking, leadership,
organizational, and planning meetings.
4. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Park Place’s policies and procedures and relevant
legislation. Recommends changes in policy and procedures, supports development of new
policies, and document management .
5. Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained as a result of the employment
6. Works closely with Site Leaders and other members of the Leadership Team regarding
communicates and planning of quality improvement.
7. Attends work-related conferences and seminars as directed.
8. Other duties as required
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to read, understand and comply with Park Place’s and provincially mandated
Occupational Health and Safety policies and safe work practices.
- Involved in all aspects of the Health and Safety Program including:
o Uses safe work procedures
o Promotes health and safety policy and awareness
o Makes safety suggestions
o Reads OHS minutes posted
- Responsible to take every reasonable precaution to protect the safety of Residents, self,
other employees, and the public.
- Reports any near miss, injury, and accident or equipment damage to supervisor
immediately and completes required reports.
- Corrects and/or reports unsafe conditions.
- Sets a good example.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Certification in health care office management with minimum 3 years recent related experience
or equivalent combination of training and experience; equivalences may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and conflict resolution skills required
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperation with all personnel and maintain
harmonious relations with clients and families
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Must be able to work in many varied stressful situations
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Must have a Criminal Records check completed
Computer, facsimile, and photocopier
The Administrative Assistant position requires lifting, walking, reaching, bending, pushing,
standing and sitting. In an average day, the employee spends 2 to 6 hours sitting and working on
a computer. Lifts a maximum of 30 lbs. Must be able to manage stressful work situations with
HEALTH AND SAFETY RISKS – ENVIRONMENT
Physical: Strain on shoulder, neck and back, cuts/ scrapes
Environmental: Draught, dust exposure, working alone situation
Chemical: Equipment cleaners minimal
Biological: Exposure to communicable diseases, i.e., colds, influenza, GI
Radiation: None known