Administrative Assistant for the President & CEO Office
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Administrative Assistant Corporate Office provides confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO. Assists with the activities of the program/service including workload support and agency-wide activities, relevant human resource actions and subsequent projects, taking direction from other designated personnel as appropriate. The Administrative Assistant follows administrative policies and procedures and works independently and with minimal direction to balance priorities and workflow. Determine courses of action from established alternatives to make decisions that will have a positive impact in the department/program. The Administrative Assistant exercises strong persuasion and communication abilities, initiative, judgment and problem-solving skills to complete confidential, time-sensitive work.
What you’ll do
- Provide administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensure that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
- Prepare documents including presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports in an accurate and timely manner. Utilize a variety of software applications to ensure professional standards are maintained, relevant and current data is used and end product is appropriately and professionally formatted. Compile information into structured reports.
- Maintain a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the senior leader and others as required. Coordinate meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision making and meeting facilitation. Make catering, travel and accommodation arrangements. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
- Design and maintain filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files including confidential information, such as personnel files, payroll files, financial information and other sensitive documents relating to the management of the Department using methods that can be easily accessible to assigned staff.
- Assist in budget development ensuring information is current and accurately compiled, monitor expenditures, ensure invoices are authorized to predetermined amounts and analyze and reports variances for multiple departments/programs. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Provide work direction and guidance to support staff as needed to ensure administrative needs of the area are met. Participate in the development and maintenance of administrative and clinical policies and help to ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Provide project support, research information, track statistical data, and compile and analyze data involving new projects and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures. Complete and submit timekeeping records, vacation entitlements and respond to related queries from departments such as Finance, Payroll and Human Resources.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized post-secondary administrative assistant/secretarial program, additional course work in advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, and four (4) years' progressive experience supporting senior level management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to work with discretion in preparing and handling information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Ability to be discreet when handling human resource requests, time-sheets and follow-up maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, work under time pressures to meet deadlines and handle interruptions and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions to determine appropriate action to take in handling inquiries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize related equipment and computerized software packages such as word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, scheduling, email, and internet applications at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular, Full-Time
Hours of work: 0800-1600
Reference number: AdmAssistD08
What we do
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday