Who Are We?
Adventec is a dynamic, industry leading manufacturer located in the Hamilton area engaged in the design, development and high volume production of a range of precision plastic and metal components and sub-assemblies targeted for use in advanced automotive applications including controls, sensors and lithium batteries. Our profitable growth and track record of success since 2000 is built on a reputation for speed, innovation, quality and flawless execution, all of which are a direct result of the commitment to excellence shared by all team members throughout our business.
Reporting to the production supervisor and working under the guidance of our senior automation technicians, you will learn the efficient and safe set-up and operation of plastic injection molding machines and robotic work cells. Duties will include operating, trouble-shooting, diagnosing, and conducting repairs as necessary. The successful candidate will learn the fundamentals of plastic and metal processing in a fast-paced, hands-on lean manufacturing environment.
- Meet appropriate production goals (e.g. internal quality, overall equipment effectiveness, and schedule attainment targets).
- Start-up/shut down and operate machines, automation equipment and auxiliary equipment. Change stamping press reels, cut “slugs” and strip membrane parts as required.
- Check safety systems and report any anomalies.
- Ensure all PM and quality checks are performed as assigned and completed on time and documented.
- Troubleshoot equipment in order to produce parts that meet all quality standards.
- Communicate effectively with the previous and following shift technician on production status.
- Follow standard parameters sheets for tooling and machine set up, make note of eventual changes made in the log book and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Positive work ethic and curiosity
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour rotating continental shift schedule
This position will provide provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join an advanced, leading edge Canadian manufacturing firm and learn the technology side of our business from the ground up. If you are a highly motivated, mature and an organized individual who enjoys a challenge and knows how to take initiative, we would like to hear from you.
We are located in Dundas, Ontario (Highway 5 & 6) – local to the Hamilton and Burlington areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent