We are seeking an experienced stained glass laborer for an immediate opening in our shop. Candidates must have experience working with lead came stained glass windows, including soldering, cutting and grinding glass, installations and site work. Position is based on seasonal demands, and available hours or duties may change as required.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and work well on a team.
They will also have:
- Passion for fabrication, glass, art
- Hand tool experience, Glazing, Caulking, Soldering, Framing and or moving experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, flexible and open to change
- Detail orientated, good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work flexible hours (part-time, full-time)
- Must be able to handle heavy loads; standing for extended periods; bending, crouching, kneeling, going up scaffolding/ladders
- Valid Driver's licence; Eligible for professional liability insurance; Criminal record check
- WHMIS and Working At Heights certification OR willingness to complete training with our company
No Phone calls please. Apply via link or send cover letter and resume to email address provided. Salary will be discussed, and based on experience and skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
- lead came: 2 years (Required)
- site work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)