As a member of the Fairmont team you will have access to subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day, health benefits after 3 months of full time employment, pension plans after 6 months and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs
Resort Activity Attendant
Fostering the health and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is an integral part of our culture. We invite you to bring your warm engaging service and knowledge of our facilities as a Resort Activity Attendant rotating through our Ski Rental Shop, Health Club, and Kid's Camp programs. Whether our guests are swimming, canoeing, hiking, or using the fitness center, the thoughtful attention you provide will make them feel welcome and valued.
Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Resort Activities Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcome guests to the Ski Rental Shop, Kid's Camp and Health Club and ensure they having a safe and enjoyable experience
- Ensure the Ski Rental Shop, Health Club and Children's Playroom area's are clean and well maintained
- Maintaining skis, snowboards, snowshoes and skates
- Perform all rental and retail duties, including opening, cash handling, and closing procedures, running reports, locating and processing customer information.
- Fit equipment for guests including ski binding calibration.
- Provide guests with basic instruction on skates, cross-country ski, downhill ski, snowboards, and snowshoes.
- Monitor telephone and email communications and responding to guest requests in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Educate guests on the programs and activities available
- Ensure an adequate supply of towels is maintained in the pool area and change rooms for guest use
- Running indoor and outdoor kid's programs with enthusiasm
- Instruct guests in use of rental equipment
- Ensure safety regulations are adhered to in fitness/pool areas
- Support the Resort Activities team with special events as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a similar environment will be an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills, including professional verbal communication skills
- Interest in health and physical activity, and enjoy working with children
- Retail and Ski Rental experience an asset
- Certification in CPR and First Aid required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the role, including:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent