This position is required to support our LCV expansion. The Yard Coordinator will be responsible for scaling OB trailing equipment as well and inspecting trailers to ensure dispatcher plans and outlines daily workload distribution for driver associates and co-ordinates the flow of inbound and outbound freight while staying abreast of daily priorities and weekly transportation targets.
The Position is opened both in Rocky View AB and Nisku, Edmonton
Rocky View Shift - WED - SUN - 12:00 - 20:30
Nisku Edmonton Shift - WED - SUN - 14:00 - 22:00
- Physical verification and scanning of tractors/trailers in the yard.
- Weigh LCV trailers to ensure legal requirements are met
- Communicate with dispatch and drivers with any equipment concerns
- Perform inspections on OB equipment
- Move trailers between Distribution Centers when required
- Build and break LCV sets for OB loads
- Maintain pool of converters between sites
- Communicate any equipment damage to Asset Manager
- Monitor OB reefer equipment to ensure correct temperatures are being met
Skills and Qualifications
- Awareness of Federal hours of service, TDG, weight restrictions etc.
- Strong knowledge of applicable routes within region.
- Must have mechanical knowledge of tractors, trailers and converters.
- Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate concerns verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of equipment inspections
- Must have Class One Driver License
Application deadline: 2020-06-26
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $40,580.00 - $49,598.00 per year
- 8 Hour Shift
- Transportation: 1 year (Required)
- Class One Driver (Required)