- Make a lasting difference to the Ulkatcho First Nation
- Work together with Chief and Council in a dynamic role
- Be rewarded with an attractive $50-65K salary, plus excellent benefits
The Ulkatcho First Nation is one of four communities making up the Dakelh or Southern Carrier tribal nation in central British Columbia. The Ulkatcho community and offices are located in scenic Anahim Lake, with access to an unparalleled natural beauty at the western edge of the Chilcotin District.
The Ulkatcho government is responsible for 22 reserves with a population of 729 members living on-reserve, and another 200 living off reserve. Our expansive traditional territory includes the waters flowing west on the Chilcotin Plateau and includes Tweedsmuir Park.
To learn more about Ulkatcho First Nation, please visit our website.
Ulkatcho First Nation currently has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant to Chief and Council to join our team in our Anahim Lake, BC office.
As part of the Management Team, and reporting directly to Chief and Council, the Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects of Chief and Council Scheduling, planning, and meeting preparation.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and preparing for Chief and Council meetings by producing the agenda, compiling relevant information, and distributing seven days in advance
- Take minutes and prepare minutes for adoption
- Prepares for and takes minutes at all community and committee meetings.
- Track all motions and action items made by Chief and Council to ensure they have been followed up and implemented
- Arrange all travel for Chief and Council
- Prepares briefing notes and other correspondence as requested
- Help out with other duties as assigned
To qualify for this position, you must have an Administrative Assistant certificate or diploma, as well as a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Previous experience working in a First Nations or Indigenous organization or government is an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use technology at a proficient level
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be resourceful and independent
- Cultural Competence
To succeed in this role, you must be a team player able to work with minimal supervision. You are collaborative and can make relationships with individuals at all levels. Lastly, you are interested in your continuous improvement and development.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive $50,000-65,000 annual salary based on your skills, experience, and qualifications. In addition, you will also have access to a variety of employee benefits, including
- Robust health, vision and dental benefits
- Pension plan program
- 3 weeks off (Spring Break, Rodeo Week, and Christmas) on top of standard annual vacation, after probationary period
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Live and work in stunning Anahim Lake, BC
- Be immersed with our incredible community and assist in overseeing our historic territory
Upon joining Ulkatcho First Nation, you will be welcomed into a friendly and supportive team, and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact in the community.
Don't miss this unique opportunity. APPLY TODAY!