Burckhardt Compression was founded in 1844 as a mechanical workshop and, in 2023, will be celebrating its 179th anniversary. Today, Burckhardt Compression is a worldwide market leader for reciprocating compressor systems and the only manufacturer and service provider that covers a full range of reciprocating compressor technologies and services. Within Canada, Burckhardt Compression has a strong Services division in which we aim to provide one-stop reciprocating service for our customers. We are able to provide field service, repair and engineering/revamp services and spare parts for any brand of reciprocating compressor.
Burckhardt Compression (Canada) Inc. (BCCA) has 1 opening for a Field Service Representative (FSR). The FSR is responsible for providing technical support and quality workmanship in a safe manner to clients across Canada during the installation, overhaul and commissioning of reciprocating compressors.
Reporting to the Downstream Services Manager, this position can be based anywhere in Canada, must be within an hour to a major airport. Must be available for travel within Canada and internationally.
- Complete installations, testing, troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of Burckhardt Reciprocating Compressors and other brand compressors at client site locations.
- Complete service and troubleshoot equipment performance issues for compressors and other related equipment.
- Prepare Service Reports and makes recommendations for further repairs and spare parts for clients.
- Lead onsite team of client provided labor or 3rd party contractors to ensure safe and timely completion of each service job.
- Remote troubleshooting and optimization for clients by phone or email as required.
- Support sales team by identifying sales opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Journeyman and preferably red seal certified with Certificate of Apprenticeship as an Industrial Millwright or Industrial Heavy-Duty Mechanic.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with reciprocating compressors and/or compressor parts repair.
- Field Service experience in the industrial gases, chemical, petrochemical, or petroleum industry.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in mechanical and/or chemical engineering would be preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to understand and interpret pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings/schematics.
- Good computer literacy & experienced with the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Previous CRM use would be an asset.
- Professional demeanor and proven customer service and negotiations skills.
- Detail oriented with expert organization skills.
- Skilled communicator (verbal and written) with proven ability to build effective collaborative relationships.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able & willing to travel extensively to remote locations within Canada and internationally.
- Able & willing to work overtime and/or irregular hours.
- Must have or acquire a valid Canadian passport.
- Clean drivers abstract must be provided at time of hire and annual driver’s abstracts are required.
Why work at Burckhardt Compression?
Our corporate culture is sustained by the skills and dedication of our employees. They are the foundation of our entrepreneurial success. We solve even the most intricate of challenges for our customers with passion and dedication creating lasting, dependable partnerships rooted in trust.
BCCA believes in promoting from within and takes great pride in the number of long term employees within our organization. We are proud of all our employee efforts and nothing gives us greater pride than seeing someone set a career goal and achieve it.
BCCA offers a competitive compensation package, employer-paid benefits program and a great work environment.
To learn more about Burckhardt Compression, please visit our website at www.burckhardtcompression.com.
Burckhardt Compression (Canada) Inc. would like to thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Burckhardt Compression Canada Inc. seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and encourages applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, women, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process including but not limited to a person with a disability.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Journeyman Millwright: 5 years (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road