Ironclad Developments Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of: Construction Contracts Manager, to join our growing team. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, honesty, integrity and industry excellence. Ironclad Developments Inc. specializes in project management/developmental/multifamily construction and property management across Western Canada.
The successful candidate for this position must be analytical and detail-oriented with good math skills and an expert understanding of current contract principles. They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to analyze and summarize complex information. A strong understanding of construction principles and finance are essential in order to interpret data and make strategic recommendations. Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and Microsoft programs are mandatory.
Must have strong managerial abilities, good personal interaction skills and be able to work well under pressure. The successful candidate will be required to work with a broad spectrum of job categories within the company. This position will be held at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB.
- Compile and prepare bid documents and bidders list, including, inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract
- Negotiate contract terms with external business partners and sub-contractors
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Prepare construction contracts, terms conditions, scope of works and coordinate execution
- Prepare feedback for the design department for design change orders, clarifications, and addendum
- Explain terms, scope of works, and conditions to managers and interested parties. Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate contractor meetings
- Management of contractors RFI’s and clarification requests
- Monitor contract change orders, charge backs and credits
- Collect, track, retain sub-contractor’s insurance, WCB clearance, and sub-trad compliance forms
- Operate in accordance with company programs, policies, and legislative requirements to ensure that OH& S standards are met
- Pre-qualify trades by completing reference checks
- Travel to all markets of operation to source and maintain trade relations
- Upload on shared network all contracts, change orders and back charges on to a drive biweekly and notify all relevant departments as required
- Upload on shared network scopes of work to applicable project folder
- Upload on shared network payment schedule to finance folders as per accounts payable guidelines
- Submit monthly requisitions forms with respect to office supplies for adequate departmental productivity and function
- 5 years of related construction contracts experience
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and Microsoftprograms are mandatory
- Strong understanding of construction principles and finance
Ironclad Developments Inc. offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive group benefits/pension plan. Position start date is tentative for immediate placement. Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, qualifications, certificates and references for consideration to the attention of Human Resources. Please include salary expectations with your cover letter. We thank all candidates in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Contracts: 5 years (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)