Come work for a company with a Social Conscience. Happy Planet makes food that tastes great and makes you feel good using only the freshest, natural and highest quality ingredients we can find.
Planning and Strategy:
- Develops and implements annual sales plan for growing sales with assigned retailers.
- Aligns Happy Planet strategy to customer priorities with solutions-based insights.
- Prepares end to end execution strategies including development, deployment and measurement of company assets against retailer category and store level initiatives,
- Reports regularly on performance against strategy and provides recommendations for course correction.
- Manages a trade spend budget within company guidelines
- Ensure customer plans reflect Happy Planet brand building priorities.
- Delivers annual promotional plans to customers in advance of retailer deadlines.
- Ensures retailer accountability for program execution through store visits to observe overall compliance to agreed details and assess competitive tactics.
- Builds consultancy-based relationships with key customer contacts through regular value-added weekly communication and prompt responses to all customer inquiries.
- Identifies and communicates store level opportunities to both category managers and Happy Planet retail coverage provider.
- Develops and executes regional and/or channel specific category development strategies.
- Delivers relevant and value-based product knowledge that can benefit retailer selling strategies.
- Launches new products flawlessly in conjunction with stated Happy Planet and retailer timeframes and guidelines
- Develops budgets and maintains rolling forecasts for Happy Planet brands
- Communicates early and often when actual results differ from planned objectives.
- Acts with urgency to develop proactively any plans required to leverage advantage or restore Happy Planet business with assigned retailers.
- Makes recommendations for new product introductions based on feedback from customers.
- Leverages expertise against analysis of all insights-based data tools for development of both internal recommendations and external customer proposals.
- Listen carefully to customers to better understand needs and optimize ability of Happy Planet to respond with meaningful solutions.
- Prepares expense reports and submits on time. Monitors expenses against budget.
- Prepares correspondence and reports on time as required.
- Acts with urgency and decorum in addressing key internal communications and priorities.
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Education: degree in marketing or sales.
- Experience: Minimum of five years in a CPG sales role, ideally in food/beverage category with at least three years key account role.
- Proficient in navigating/analysis of market/retailer data platforms (Top Shelf; IRI, Retail Link, Aztec, AC Neilsen)
- Experience transforming customer or category data into effective program, quarterly and annual plans.
- Demonstrated customer leadership skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously grow top line sales and maintain spend levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of importance of building relationships internally with individuals and applicable stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of actions required to build excellent customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workflow that reflects organizational priorities.
- Strong time management skills, good organization and ability to handle administrative requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering presentations in front of both internal and external audiences.
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of key retailer category management principles.
- Flexibility to travel.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- working with Loblaws: 3 years (Preferred)
- Perishable Foods: 3 years (Preferred)
- Top Shelf/IRI/Retail Link/Aztec/AC Neilsen (and/or): 4 years (Preferred)
- CPG Sales role: 5 years (Preferred)
- working with Sobey's: 3 years (Preferred)
- Key Account: 3 years (Preferred)
- working with Metro: 3 years (Preferred)
- Grocery Product: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)