WHO WE ARE
We are Power Factors, developer of the world’s leading cloud platform for renewable energy companies. Our SaaS platform, Drive, is used to manage over 25 Gigawatts of renewable energy across the planet (enough to power approximately 1.5 million homes). By driving down the operations costs of wind and solar power plants, we’re tackling one of the world’s most important challenges: making renewable energy the world’s leading source of power. Our company is going through accelerated growth, fueled by the unprecedented transition to clean, renewable energy.
The * Drive* platform continues to gain traction throughout the renewable energy market. Our platform collects millions of IIoT and other data points, clean up the data, detects issues, identifies leading indicators to predict future issues, and adds full advanced analytic capabilities on top of this rich, high value dataset. In addition to issue detection and analytics, Drive provides the tools needed to turn analytic insight into action, such as case management and work order management.
To our clients, we deliver excellent customer service and an exceptional system of engagement that provides the results they are looking for: lower operations costs and higher output from their renewable energy power plants. We are an agile development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. To our employees, we provide a culture that values respect, teamwork, transparency, and achievement.
Power Factors is looking for a Junior Implementation Engineer to join our team. As a Junior Implementation Engineer, you will commission renewable energy plant data into our platform and configure supporting records, displays, and reports that will be used by operators, analysts and managers to drive performance improvements and comply with their reporting requirements.
- Work with our Customers and engineers to gather, process, and interpret project information and documentation;
- Configure servers, clients, network, and devices to establish communications;
- Validate data flows, troubleshoot, and resolve communication and data issues;
- Configure and validate performance reports, alarms & events, dashboards, and mimic displays;
- Manage project schedules, deliverables, and closeout responsibilities;
- Serve as the face of Power Factors with our Customers;
- Participate in other projects as required.
- University Degree degree in computer or electronical engineering or in a related field
- Member of l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec is considered
- Minimum two (2) year of experience related to the responsibilities listed above
- Experience with SCADA systems
- Ability to read networking and electrical diagrams
- Effective communicator with an attention to details
- Professional customer service and interaction
- Positive attitude and emotional intelligence that allows for clear, honest, and candid communication with broad range of team members and stakeholders
- O&M Experience
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies (Azure, AWS, Rackspace, etc.)
- Familiarity with OSISoft’s PI system, SQL, and Salesforce
- Bilingual (French/ English)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible core hours
- Incentive pay and employee referral bonus programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Employer RRSP contribution
- Benefits coverage for you and your dependents
- Fresh fruits, drinks and other snacks
- Free parking and easy access to public transportation
Job Type: Full-time
- related work: 1 year (Preferred)
- bilingual (English/ French) (Preferred)