At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Communications Specialist has a portfolio that is integral to the overall reputation and success of the Asper School of Business. The Communications Specialist will primarily support the School’s formal communication needs and will work collaboratively with the School’s Marketing and Communications Team comprised of the Manager of Marketing and Communications, Marketing Officer and Graphic Designer to implement a communication plan to promote the diverse and complementary activities taking place at the Asper School of Business. This includes the consideration of the internal audience within the faculty and across the university and the external audience, comprised of alumni, the business community, current and new international and domestic students, and the community the school operates in.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for the development and creation of strategic written content for a wide range of traditional and digital media that elevates the Asper School of Business’ reputation and brand. To support “on-brand” and effective messaging, the incumbent will review all written materials and will maintain the Faculty’s website, focusing on consistent messaging, including a regular audit to ensure strategic content alignment. Reporting to the Manager and in collaboration with the Marketing Officer, the incumbent will develop written content to support marketing communications plans for Asper units with a focus on internal projects. The incumbent will also be responsible for the planning, implementation and oversight of the School’s social media channels. The incumbent will also serve as the lead developer of faculty and unit digital presentations that support a strong visual representation of the brand and effectively highlight the school’s strategic priorities.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· A University undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education (Creative Communications diploma) and experience (two years of directly related experience) may be considered.
· Minimum two years of directly related experience working in marketing and communication, or communications and public relations are required, including experience with web, graphic design and social media.
· Minimum two years' experience writing, proofreading, interviewing and updating is required.
· Experience developing social media plans, deploying content and scheduling of posts is required.
· Knowledge of University regulations and experience in an Academic environment preferred, or experience in a not for profit work environment is considered an asset.
· Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets is required.
· Demonstrated experience preparing PowerPoint (or comparable) presentations is required.
· Experience using Hootsuite or other social media scheduling platforms is required.
· Knowledge of Google analytics and experience with digital animation is consider an asset.
· Speech writing experience is considered an asset.
· Public speaking experience is considered an asset.
· Experience running Zoom meetings and virtual events considered an asset.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=16532
Closing Date: July 27, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $49,322.00-$64,464.40 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement