Are you a skilled Registered Veterinary Technician with an interest in surgery and top-notch patient care? If you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of our furry friends, we have an exciting opportunity waiting for you!
At Burnside Veterinary Hospital, we take pride in providing exceptional care to all of our patients. Our clinic is proudly recognized as an AAFP Cat Friendly practice, demonstrating our commitment to creating a stress-free and comfortable environment for our patients. We believe in going above and beyond to ensure the well-being of every animal that walks through our doors, and we're eager to welcome an experienced RVT like you to our compassionate team.
We are pleased to offer services such as preventative care, dentistry, pain management, chemotherapy, and more to our companion animal patients. As an RVT with us, you'll play a crucial role in our mission to deliver top-notch care to our beloved patients. Your dedication to ensuring their comfort and well-being will be highly valued and rewarded.
We understand that life outside of work is just as important as your time at the clinic. That's why we offer a flexible schedule to ensure you can maintain a healthy work-life balance. Your well-being matters to us, and we want to support you in your professional growth while accommodating your personal needs. In addition to providing a welcoming, fun environment with a strong life/work balance, we are offering a competitive compensation package with industry leading benefits (Health/Dental), paid vacation, generous pet discount, CE, and more!
If you're ready to be part of a caring team that prioritizes patient well-being, please visit www.burnsidevet.ca to learn more, or contact [email protected]
About the area: Experience the charm of Dartmouth, NS, where coastal beauty meets urban vibrancy. Embrace breathtaking views of the Halifax Harbour and explore a lively community filled with cultural events, artisanal shops, and delicious dining options. Enjoy a laid-back lifestyle with access to stunning parks, scenic trails, and a close-knit community.
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and colleagues.
- Execute quality diagnostic imaging.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care while adhering to provincial regulations and Fear Free techniques.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests as directed by the Veterinarian.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures, including administering and monitoring anesthesia and analgesia.
- Operate and maintain medical equipment.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other team members as needed.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Veterinary Technician diploma from an accredited college.
- An RVT in good standing with the NSVMA & EVTA.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.