Somerville Nurseries Inc., in Everett, Ontario, is the largest grower of natural Christmas Trees in Canada, sold under the Kriss Kringle brand. With experienced and knowledgeable staff, Somerville has also grown its nursery into the largest supplier of bareroot seedlings in Ontario.
Somerville Nurseries Inc. is looking for a General Manager to direct and manage the organization’s carefully planned growth. With superior knowledge of business functions, entrepreneurial spirit and visionary skills, the successful incumbent will assist in operational efficiency, maintaining relationships with our wholesale, retail and government clients as well as fostering the development and unity of our nearly 50 staff.
Be a part of an organization where you can expect:
- A unique work environment and afforestation that helps improve the environment around us.
- A loyal, skilled team focused on industry leadership through modern and innovative practices.
- A kinship with our customers to collaborate, encourage and share common interests.
Your role would include:
- Overseeing daily business activities and monitoring productivity of operations, finance, marketing, human resources and administration.
- Leading managerial staff, assisting with performance, training and motivational strategies.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Accountability for accounting and financial results, reporting to the Board, with an eye on improving efficiencies and revenue.
What you should bring:
- Proven track record in management, with a minimum of 10 years in a Senior Management or General Manager role, and an understanding of all business functions; agriculture experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in strategic planning and business development to drive growth.
- University degree in Business Management or Business Administration.
- Macro-planning experience.
- Expert communicator with strong leadership qualities, aptitude for decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates self-confidence (high degree of self-esteem), self-awareness (knowledge of and appreciation for personal strengths and weaknesses), self-control (ability to manage and regulate self), and emotional intelligence (ability to read others and adapt behaviour for effective communications and interactions).
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence before January 24, 2020 to the email associated with this posting.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- senior management: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)