Positions Available -
1 Full Time: Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm
1 Part Time: Saturday and Sunday 12 hours each day
Southern Alberta Community Living Association has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, flexible and adaptable Mobile Community Support Worker. This position will be scheduled to fill vacancies from sick calls, vacations and and other approved leaves as identified by the Scheduling Coordinator.
The successful applicant will be assigned locations of work based on the support needs of the individuals as identified by the Scheduling Coordinator; shift assignments may be last minute and will be subject to change depending on the need. In addition, this position may be required to assist with scheduling of other staff through our scheduling computer program, Humanity
The CSW in this position must have the ability to work in all homes with a variety of individuals. This CSW, working closely with the Scheduling Coordinator, will be an effective communicator, positive, motivated and an outgoing individual.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated history of supporting individuals enthusiastically and with passion to participate in meaningful ways in all aspects of their lives. Levels of support and involvement will be individualized depending on each person and will include personal and emotional support and assisting with community involvement while minimizing risks and maximizing inclusive participation.
As a team member, the CSW strives to communicate in a considerate, thoughtful and attentive manner with their co-workers and the individuals we support. A CSW will represent the Association courteously and professionally in all interactions they have with guardians, other agencies and the community at large.
1. An understanding that your role is to offer support and guidance, not direction and behavior modification.
2. A desire to actively assist the individuals supported by Southern Alberta Community Living Association to live in accordance with their own beliefs, desires and choices.
3. A belief that people with developmental disabilities can live self-determined lives in the community surrounded by friends and family.
4. An understanding that in order to function effectively as a member of a team, you must take responsibility for your own actions, striving to communicate effectively with the individuals you support, your co-workers and supervisors.
5. A willingness to participate in educational opportunities that promote professional growth.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. A current, clear Criminal Record Check inclusive of a check relating to the Vulnerable Sector.
2. Child Intervention Check (CYM)
2. Valid driver's license & access to a vehicle with $2,000,000 public liability.
3. Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate.
4. Must be willing & physically able to lift & transfer individuals if required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
1. One to two years - experience in providing support to people with developmental disabilities. Experience gained in other disciplines providing support to people without developmental disabilities may be considered.
2. Education in the field of rehabilitation is an asset, but not essential. Education gained in one of the humanities may be considered.
3. Must be comfortable using computers and willing to use different software programs i.e. Humanity.
May include but not limited to:
- mentor, advocate, motivator, teacher, role model,
- emotional support,
- personal support,
- help people reach their goals and expand their possibilities,
- encourage and support peer connections,
- researching and introducing new opportunities within the community,
- support and assist people to be an active participant in their community,
- medication administration,
- household maintenance,
- recreation & leisure activities,
- assistance with home living skills,
- assistance with appointments,
- attendance to internal/external meetings,
- objective documentation,
- ability to work as a team player
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.51 to $20.23 /hour
- supporting individuals with developmental disabilities: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)