**Please submit your resume in a PDF format**
Are you looking for a new opportunity that can take you to the Next Level? Interested in helping people fulfill their goals and Live Well? At GNC, we didn’t invent health and wellness retailing….we revolutionized it, amped it up, put the science behind it, brought together the best products and created our own cutting edge products. With more than 70 years of experience behind us and an international network of more than 5,000 stores, we’re on top of the heath, wellness and sports nutrition industry.
At GNC, YOU can be a part of this every day!
As a store manager you will have an immense impact on our customers’ lives and their desire to Live Well. We train our associates in a healthy energetic environment to be experts in providing wellness products and information to meet our customers’ goals. Our associates demonstrate a mixture of knowledge, dedication and passion for our business that is shared with the customers we serve. Put yourself on a path to success by joining our team at GNC and take advantage of our exceptional training and growth opportunities where over 50% of our District Managers began their careers within our stores! As a store manager, you are doing more than selling products…you are the face of GNC to our customers.
Responsible for managing the operations, staffing, and sales/profit goals in a single assigned retail store.
Responsible for ensuring total compliance with all store operations policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Sell merchandise to customers by following GNC’s prescribed selling methods.
- Manage the store’s inventory within GNC guidelines. Receive, check, and shelve all merchandise orders. Confirm all purchase orders.
- Adhere to GNC's quality control program for stock rotation, infestation control, outside inspections, and all maintenance problems. Responsible for keeping store clean and uncluttered.
- Manage work schedules within established budgets for optimal store coverage. * Hire, train, discipline, review, and terminate employees.
- Read all merchandising bulletins in order to understand product assortment and answer product questions based on Company approved information.
- Implement all appropriate merchandising information in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring GNC's standard of store presentation.
- Perform all register operations. Complete all daily register and store open/close functions and bank deposits according to GNC policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of retail sales experience.
- Retail store management experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent language skills in English required to speak, read, and understand customers and GNC communications.
- Basic math skills to count, add, and subtract.
- Strong interpersonal and ethical behavior to manage the company’s assets and employees.
- Excellent customer service skills to develop a relationship-selling culture. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Hire, discipline, terminate and review performance of all employees.
- Schedule adequate coverage of assigned store in order to protect GNC assets.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal retail store environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
- Must be able to work independently with remote supervision.
- Bending, lifting, reaching for and moving merchandise.
- Moving small display fixtures.
- Standing for long periods of time.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail Management: 2 years (preferred)