Job Number: 81773
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 25.5584 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 26.0799
Post Date: May 26, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jun 2, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at McMaster Children’s Hospital is comprised of a 54 bed Level III NICU, a 16 bed Level IIc nursery and a neonatal transport team, providing medical and surgical care to over 1,500 neonates and their families per year and serving a broad geographic area within southern Ontario. The interdisciplinary team provides family-centered care with a strong focus on evidence-based best practice and continuous quality improvement. McMaster NICU is actively involved in a number of collaborative quality improvement initiatives provincially, nationally and internationally.
As a member of the healthcare team, provides clerical, administrative or business support to patients, families and those providing service and/or care. The incumbent functions according to the job description for Business Clerks.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays. This position is temporary until June 2021.
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. Graduate of community college secretarial or office administration program or equivalent or equivalent office experience
3. Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 or demonstrated knowledge equivalent to the Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 acquired in a different Business Clerk position, which may be subject to testing
4. Keyboarding 40 wpm
5. Knowledge and skill in using computer
6. Mathematical skills related to payroll, budget and statistical documents
7. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, public relations and problem-solving skills
8. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly
9. Ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively
10. Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of the position
11. Ability to sit for long periods, repetitive reaching, repetitive bending
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement