Walmart Canada is seeking a litigation lawyer to join its team in Mississauga. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel - Litigation, this is an exciting opportunity to work as a strategic partner with the business on a broad range of challenging litigation and regulatory related matters. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of litigation experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department dealing with a variety of commercial, insurance litigation and risk management matters. Excellent research, drafting and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to prioritize competing demands, are essential to the role.
Your duties will include:
1. Advising on a wide range of day-to-day litigation issues.
2. Handling and/or supervising external counsel on litigation files including personal injury, commercial, real estate and administrative law matters.
3. Developing legal strategies on claim files, drafting pleadings, and attending mediations and pre-trials as appropriate.
4. Interacting, as required, with courts and government/regulatory bodies regarding legal and/or regulatory matters.
5. Identifying potential legal and/or regulatory issues and partnering cross-functionally with business units to identify and implement appropriate solutions.
6. Provide legal advice and support on various strategic projects as required.
7. Educate and train on legal requirements applicable to the business.
- Law Degree (JD/LLB)
- 7+ years' of litigation experience (law firm or in-house legal department)
- Must be licensed to practice law in Ontario and be in good standing with the law society
- Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of French would be an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Stock options
- Store discount
- Work from home