Heavy Duty Mechanic
A Mechanic position is available at our aggregate mining plant Spy hill Calgary operations , this position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The ideal candidate possesses a good mechanical aptitude. fourth year automotive mechanics license preferred .This position primarily carries out maintenance duties on the processing equipment, pit vehicles , heavy operating equipment (loaders,Excavator, Rock trucks, Skid steer's), This involves various maintenance associated with processing equipment ; feeders, conveyors, screens ,crushers, pumps, sand screws,, this could involve cleanup, lubrication and assisting in the operations of the aggregate plant, and light mechanical repairs with our aggregate pit mobile equipment fleet The successful candidate will have a proven safety record. A history of being a team player is required. Must be able to make work without direct supervision. Shift work and overtime will be required. Work may be done on and off site.
Who We Are:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects. At Lehigh Hanson, we believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth.
- Secure, long-term employment
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- OT available
What You Will Get to Do:
- Assist with breakdown maintenance and scheduled repairs of mixer trucks and other equipment as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose problems.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with specifications.
- Perform other miscellaneous mechanical and maintenance duties as assigned.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Minimum second year
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to work with hand and power tools
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Requires lifting, kneeling, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, working at elevated heights, at times in tight and awkward positions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Airdrie, AB (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)