Organization: Service New Brunswick
Division: Linguistic Services Unit
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: Monday, October 15, 2018
Anticipated Assignment End Date: Friday, March 29, 2019
No. of months: 5 months
Work Location: Beaverbrook Court, Fredericton, NB
** To apply please submit the updated copy of your resume and the hourly rate. The last date for submission for this role is 09 Oct, 2018.
The Linguistic Services Unit of SNB provides language testing services to the public, non-governmental organizations and government departments. Currently the process for clients to apply for language testing is paper based. Data entry is the responsibility of internal staff and 3 separate business applications are used to manage the testing process from end-to-end.
The purpose of this statement of work is to secure a resource to help in the design and implementation of a technology solution that will enable clients to request language testing, schedule and pay for their tests, and view the results of their language tests, as well as enable the Linguistic Services staff to manage the administration of tests. This will create efficiencies for the Linguistic Services Unit, provide clients with self-service capabilities, and realize time savings for both the client/participant and SNB staff, while aligning with the Digital New Brunswick Strategy.
The Linguistic Services application will combine concepts of agile development, anytime/anywhere, secure information sharing and empowering citizens to access their government services online. This project will create a new digital service while developing and testing innovative new methods to continuously improve our ability to quickly provide the new or improved services that GNB’s citizens need in the digital format that they expect.
Aside from developing a new service, a secondary goal is to develop, demonstrate and refine the capacity within SNB to quickly develop mobile-responsive, client-centric applications by delivering a reusable and expandable reference architecture and implementation of a ASP.Net MVC application. Agile methods will be adopted and honed while we start to develop a roles and responsibilities framework for support.
This project will support, and be a step towards, the objectives of the Digital New Brunswick Strategy to support and enable citizen and business-centric provision of public services in the most efficient and effective manner using digital technologies.
The work and services required of the contractor shall be to serve as a Technical Analyst for Service New Brunswick. The Technical Analyst will report to the Project Manager who will provide leadership/supervision regarding overall duties and work assignments.
The Technical Analyst position under the terms of this Statement of Work will have the following objectives:
- Guide the establishment of a reusable ASP.NET Core MVC reference architecture and implementation, addressing foundational needs such as Authentication, Authorization, Auditing and Logging, Reporting Integration, Common Stylesheets, Common
- Deliver a ASP.NET MVC project template and reference implementation for building secure, fast, robust and adaptable web application. The template will incorporate industry standard frameworks and design patterns and provide a minimum amount of code required on top of the default project templates provided by Microsoft.
- Work with departmental resources to define a technology stack for the reference implementation
- Use the proposed project template and a reference architecture for the implementation of the Linguistic Services The Technical Analyst will be the senior developer on the project, working in collaboration with SNB developers via an agile methodology.
Create documentation and presentation materials for training other SNB programmers in the use of the project template.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the user experience/interface design of the Linguistic Services application
- Support the system analysis, design, development, implementation, integration and configuration of the Linguistic Services solution;
- Adhere to design principles and information standards from the Strategy, Planning & Solution Services Group;
- Ensure that secure application design and coding requirements are being met for ongoing release maintenance and support;
- Complete all assigned design and development tasks
- Support ongoing performance improvements of the Linguistic Services applications when
- Deliver a secure and adaptable Net MVC project template/reference architecture to be used by future SNB applications
- Work as the senior developer on an agile team to deliver a production-ready working implementation of the Linguistic Services Application leveraging the ASP.Net MVC project template, as well as a foundational ASP.Net MVC project
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Cloud Computing and Azure Cloud Solutions: 3 years (Required)
- Responsive Design: 3 years (Required)
- Front End Frameworks (such Angular 6): 3 years (Required)
- architecting/implementing around a Service-Oriented: 3 years (Required)
- Micro Services Architecture: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL BI/Data Access Technologies: 4 years (Required)
- Unit Testing frameworks such as NUnit or MSTest: 3 years (Required)
- Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control design pattern: 3 years (Required)