Retail Store Leader
We believe that to be effective leaders at 7-Eleven, we must think about the needs of our guests and our teams before we tend to our own needs. We call this Servant Leadership, and it's the foundation of everything we do here. As Servant Leaders, we are guided by core values that we live by every day. These values help us serve our guests, our teams and our communities. They are the heart of 7-Eleven and what makes us who we are.
As a Store Leader, you’ll contribute to 7-Eleven’s success by leading a team to create and maintain an exceptional store experience for our guests. Essentially you will be running a small business with a solid, international company and brand behind you. The majority of your time will be spent coaching, supervising and directing the team; making operational and staffing decisions while ensuring world-class guest service. You will work to maximize sales and profits by using sound business practices to implement the 7-Eleven strategy, while setting a standard for guest satisfaction by making your store a model of our company's Five Fundamentals; Quality, Assortment, Service, Value and Cleanliness.
Being a 7-Eleven Store Leader isn’t easy. In fact, it’s pretty challenging. We believe great training is the foundation for exceptional performance. The Store Leader training program provides training on store operations, fresh food and merchandising concepts and procedures, financial information and employee relations.
What Will You Do?
- Oversee daily store operations, supervise employees and manage inventory
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels to meet the needs of our guests
- Develop successful sales plans to grow profitability
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate your employees
- Demonstrate leadership and promote a teamwork oriented environment setting high standards and modeling behavior for optimum guest service
- Implement new product lines and create strategies to introduce and promote them to our guests
- Promote 7-Eleven to your guests and community
- Ensure product mix and inventory levels are properly maintained to increase sales and control inventory
- Maintain safety and security of the store, properly documenting any incidents that occur
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws within the scope of the convenience/food store operation
Are You Ready?The Store Leader role requires the following:
- High School diploma/GED with minimum 2 years applicable experience; 2 years college; military experience
- Prior successful food service, retail, grocery management experience
- Demonstrated effective training, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented team player/manager
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent guest services skills
The Store Leader role requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required. What's In It For You?7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Provincial Medical, extended health care, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan/Deferred Profit Sharing Plan Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more...
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)