Western Fair District is looking for a dynamic human resources assistant to join our team.
The Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employment, employee relations, training and development, compensation, workplace health & safety and office administration.
- Support Director of Human Resource all HR functions.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection processes - work closely with the relevant manager including developing position descriptions, postings, interviews, assessments, reference checks, offer letters etc.
- Main point of contact for our annual fair.
- Respond to internal and external Human Resources related inquiries.
- Assist with employee orientation and training.
- Assist with policy development and documentation; employee relations; and employee communication.
- Provide HR guidance on different HR subject such as recruitment, employee relations, onboarding, training and development, performance management, health and wellness, compensation and recognition.
- HR Representative for the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Maintain accurate and up to date employee database and employee files working towards more electronic files.
- Meet with employees, as required, to resolve any issues.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field.
- CHRP designation or working towards the Designation.
- Experience as a Human Resources Assistant preferred.
- Experience with Ceridian an asset
- Strong understanding of employment legislation in Ontario
- Strong computer skills, Database development, Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)