- Base salary plus commissions and bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits after a qualifying 3-month period
- Ongoing on-the-job training
- Discretionary reimbursement of training course fees
Term: Full-time permanent, starting May 2019
About This Role & Indaba
Indaba is a leading supplier of home and lifestyle products designed to inspire and delight . We aim to re-discover an aesthetic quality found in craft traditions to create modern lifestyle collections with a focus on handmade, sustainable, ethical, and fun. (indabatrading.com)
We currently have an opening to be a part of our new in-house sales and marketing team. No sales experience necessary as we will train on the job. You will be contacting existing customers and prospects to gain orders and reorders. The in-house sales and marketing team members travel 3 to 5 times a year to trade shows across North America to meet with and assist customers. They then follow up with customers, putting together orders and making recommendations. The inside sales person maintains and services his or her own customer base from our offices in Parksville, BC. Rather than traveling to see our customers in their stores, we work through our website using a “screen share” app, just as if we were physically in front of them. You will be trained for several weeks by an industry professional in the skills and techniques of successful sales and marketing.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Excellent communications skills (the ability to write, listen and communicate effectively).
- Ability to interact with customers at trade shows and over the phone.
- Internet savvy, data entry skills for entering orders, and general computer skills.
- Ability to fearlessly make outbound phone calls every day.
- Clear, understandable diction over the phone.
- Self-motivation and discipline. (Looking for a career, not just a job.)
- A desire to learn sales and marketing skills.
- Sales experience is not necessary, because we will train.
Job Type: Full-time