Job title :
OR NURSE | REGIONAL PERIOPERATIVE EDUCATION PROGRAM TRAINING OPPORTUNITY COHORT FY3
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) has an opportunity for employer sponsored training for registered nurses to become Operating Room Nurses. The training is an in-house Regional Perioperative Education Program (RPEP) and is administered in a blended format. The program is a systematic integration of online and face-to-face learning aimed to facilitate critical thinking skills while applying an understanding of perioperative care.
If you are an experienced registered nurse and would like to move into the Operating Room environment but do not have formal education, we would love to consider you for paid in-house training.
The RPEP uses a standardized, evidence informed online curriculum offered by the Association of Registered periOperative Nurses’ (AORN). RPEP has three (3) components to be completed:
- *Prerequisite Online Theory: Modules Videos and Readings (90 hours)
- Facilitated Lab/Simulation: 75 hours in-person sessions
- Clinical Practicum Shifts/Consolidated Learning: 375 hours at RIH’s Operating Room Department
- Must be completed prior to commencement of Education Opportunity (unpaid study hours).
Start date for the in-person Lab/Simulation is October 3, 2022.
As per the NBA Article 35.03, upon successful completion of the education program, an employee must return to, or post into a regular position in the area of nursing applicable to the education (Perioperative) for a minimum of 18 months. If no regular position is available, the employer will create a regular relief line equivalent to the employee's original FTE. For casual employees, FTE will be determined on number of hours in previous year or 0.5 FTE whichever is greater. Employee will work in a relief line until the employee can secure regular employment.
RIH’s Operating Room Department runs eight OR theatres per day plus a trauma room. Surgical services are ENT, gyne, ortho, neuro, vascular, general, plastics, urology, ortho trauma, and trauma. The department has a Clinical Manager, a Clinical Educator, and Resource Nurses for each service. Operating Room RNs are expected to work in all services.
If you are interested in expanding your nursing practice to become an Operating Room Nurse, Apply Today!
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM). (Registered Nurses currently registered in another Canadian jurisdiction and eligible for BCCMN registration via Labour Mobility will be considered.)
- Recent Acute Care experience of 1 year or greater.