Who Are We?
After years of experience working in the accounting and technology spheres, the Enkel team saw an opportunity to provide cloud accounting solutions and better quality reporting to Canadian businesses and Not-for-Profit organizations.
It’s our vision to be a partner to our clients by providing them with timely, accurate accounting and reporting that allows for insight and data to make better business decisions.
About The Role
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for supporting the Enkel delivery team as it provides back office services to our 140+ customers. In this role, you will be the in-house payroll guru, assisting the team in ensuring that it is accurately capturing and reporting payroll details for clients.
In addition to being Enkel’s in-house expert, you will have a small portfolio of clients to whom you will provide payroll services, becoming an integrated part of their business.
What Your Day Looks Like
- Staying up-to-date on employment standards and payroll tax changes, ensuring that Enkel is keeping its customers compliant with changes as they occur
- Supporting the implementation of payroll systems for new customers to platforms such as PayWorks, Rise, and Wagepoint
- Working closely with customers to ensure that payroll details are accurately captured and entered into the payroll system
- Ensuring that processes are in place to efficiently capture payroll data from customers
- Designing and testing payroll solutions for customers to address specific payroll-related pain points
- Becoming an expert on Bamboo HR so that it can be efficiently deployed to customers and so that efficient processes can be designed to capture data from Bamboo HR that is then used to process payroll with limited input from Clients
- Developing a deep understanding of time tracking tools such as Replicon, T-Sheets, and Harvest
- Working with the sales team to develop proposals for clients requiring payroll management services from Enkel
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience in a Payroll/HR analyst role, working with cloud-based payroll and HRIS systems
- Functional experience with payroll systems (i.e., Ceridian, ADP, Payworks, Rise) and HCM systems (i.e., Workday, Cornerstone, etc)
- Demonstrated expert level technical skills in MS Excel (advanced formulas, data manipulation, macros)
- Understanding government legislation, benefits contracts and collective agreements and their effect on Payroll
- High attention to detail and strives for accuracy in any deliverables and auditable documentation
- Adept problem solver, who can independently troubleshoot systems or data issues and get to root causes and solutions
- Strong customer service skills and a desire to work closely with customers and internal teams
- A Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation is preferred
Why Work With Enkel?....there are so many great reasons!
We provide our team with opportunities for career advancement and professional development within a rapidly growing company. We work hard, we help each other succeed, and it’s our shared mission to provide a higher level of service to our clients. At Enkel, your work makes a difference.
A little bit about our office life...
- Open, collaborative work environment.
- Bountiful, healthy snacks and we aren’t talking noodle bowls.
- Unlimited coffee. What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup!
- Secure bike storage, lockers, and showers on site.
- Convenient downtown Vancouver location near transit and a huge variety of lunch options.
- Growth-focused team culture and monthly social team activities.
We want to know more about you! Your resume is probably amazing but please include a cover letter telling us why you want to work with us. It’s a great way to start getting to know you! We will only be getting in touch with candidates that are qualified so if you think you are a fit for our team but this isn’t quite the opportunity you are looking for, check out our careers page or send us an email - we’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)