Home Care Assistance Edmonton is looking for experienced and DEDICATED Health Care Aids for clients in St Albert , Morinville and surrounding areas.
A qualified candidate will have to have experience working in-home care jobs, one-to-one transfers, strong personal and professional hygiene, and is flexible in working with clients within their home while maintaining their privacy.
A successful applicant must have the following:
- Health Care Aide Certification and/or nursing experience
- Up-to-dated CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months.
- Immunization Record.
- Availability from 7 am to 5 pm, 3 pm to 10 pm, 11 pm to 7 am Monday through Sunday and Live-In.
Depending on the client’s needs, the following responsibilities will be assigned and may change as the client’s needs change:
- Assist client with ADL’s and IADL's which may include bathing, dressing, toiletting and grooming.
- Plan, prepare and serve food to the client following their prescribed diets.
- Provide respite service as required - providing activities to keep clients mentally active
- Some light housekeeping: ie - vacuuming, dusting, changing the bed linens etc
- Errands, appointments or social outings
- Maintain detailed records of services performed
- Must have experience with lifts and transfers
- With good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
- Previous Home care experience is an asset.
Drivers Licence and vehicle is required.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Home Care: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health Care Aid: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Morinville, AB (Preferred)
- CPR/First Aid (Preferred)
- Health Care Provider (Preferred)
- Police Clearance (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)