Mirmil Products is looking for experienced millwork finishers.
The millwork finisher is responsible for the finishing of millwork pieces and cabinets.
· Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain; then apply lacquer or other sealers
· Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections, and repair broken parts, using plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, and/or screws
· Follow blueprints to produce specific designs
· Mix finish ingredients to obtain desired colors or shades.
· Remove accessories prior to finishing, and mask areas that should not be exposed to finishing processes or substances
· Smooth, shape, and touch-up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, sanders, pumice stones, steel wool, chisels, sanders, or grinders.
· Perform routine quality checks on materials
· Previous experience with paint spraying (using an air-assisted spray gun) and finishing techniques with paints/stains/glazes
· Experience working in a spray booth
· Good eye for detail and colour and strong colour matching ability/colour palette understanding
· Work well in a team and independently
· Willing to learn new skills
· Good communication skills
Wage based on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- millwork finishing: 2 years (Preferred)