We are passionate about the professional development of our people and we strive to create opportunities that support their career objectives. As a growing accounting practice there is opportunity for all staff to grow with us.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a flexible work schedule.
Why join us?
- Great Technology – We continue to invest in technology to allow our staff to focus on meaningful work
- Great Team Members – We have a solid group who are committed to service excellence in our profession
- Work Life Balance – Ascend is committed to be a great employer in our community; our staff enjoy flexible work schedules
- Professional Development – We see huge value by investing in continual learning
To maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide professional bookkeeping services. The bookkeeper will complete a full set of books up to and including a trial balance.
- Maintaining and performing full cycle bookkeeping.
- Maintaining financial records for the clients.
- Assemble year end information
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls, government remittances including payroll, GST/HST, Workers Compensation Board, corporate taxes, personal taxes and other government levies.
- Prepare T1, T3, T4, T5 and other tax filings.
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Diploma, degree or certificate in accounting, business administration or other relevant course in accounting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a bookkeeper with payroll as part of the responsibilities
- QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Simply Accounting
- Familiarity with one or more of the following payroll solutions (ADP Pay@work, ADP TeamPay, Payworks, Ceridian, CRA online payroll calculator, or others)
- Familiarity with accounting automation software such as Hubdoc or Receipt Bank will be considered an asset
- Intermediate skills in excel
- Highly focused and often described as a Thinker
- Eager to learn with a natural curiosity around the changes & trends in bookkeeping software
- The ability to keep things in perspective when faced with problems or challenges that are out of the ordinary
- A track record of turning clients into friends; building trust in the great work you’ve done for them & their business comes naturally
- Giving back to the community is part of a full and rewarding life
- We welcome all qualified applicants - our diversity reflects the community we serve
- This role will be based in our office in Sussex, NB
- 2 professional references will be required
- Skill testing will be part of the hiring process
- Criminal background check and credit check will be required
Job Type: Full-time