For decades The International Centre has been home to Canada's largest and most popular events, offering superior service and inspired event solutions from our knowledgeable staff. We strive to employ passionate, enthusiastic and results-orientated people, and we appreciate you considering us as your next employer. The International Centre makes an excellent place for you to grow and further your professional experience. Come join our team!
As a Retail Associate you will perform a variety of tasks for the Retail Food & Beverage department, which includes the set-up and tear down of mobile food stations/kiosks, preparing food orders, stocking supplies, serving, and performing transactions (cash, debit, credit cards).
- Assists with the set-ups/tear-down and installation of the multi retail outlets; including permanent restaurant/café, quick service, mobile units, cash bars etc.
- Ensures displays and concessionary items are clean, stocked, and presentable.
- When required perform cash handling procedures including debit and credit card transactions and ensure high degree of accuracy; issues supporting receipt.
- Remains knowledgeable about products and communicates to customers.
- Complies with all relevant operational standards and procedures.
- Ensures strict compliance with Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program (WHMIS), Food Handlers.
- Operates equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Keeps work and eating areas clean and orderly (collects serving trays, replenishes condiments, napkins, straws, etc.).
- Other duties as required.
Job Specifications and Qualifications
- Must have flexible schedule and available to work afternoons with some evening and weekend shifts.
- At least 1 year working experience in a general labour role (experience within the event & conference facilities is an asset but not required).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Detail oriented and has a strong ability to accommodate and adjust to meet changing and competing deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- A valid and current forklift certification for operating counterbalance is an asset but not required
The International Centre has an accommodation process in place which includes providing accommodations for our employees and applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require any special accommodations, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make arrangements required to ensure your needs are accommodated. We are committed to a barrier free workplace.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; all others will be kept for future opportunities.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- General Labour: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator (Preferred)