Under general supervision the Vacation Home Quality Attendant is responsible for cleaning the suite interior and immediate areas to include patio, balcony and/or deck of the assigned suite in accordance with company policies and procedures, provincial, federal, and local authority guidelines ensuring a clean, sanitary and inviting suite for the guest.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops and polishes floors.
- Vacuums carpets, rugs and draperies.
- Inspects and turns mattresses regularly.
- Handles all dirty laundry, and replaces all dirty linens with clean items.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fittings.
- Cleans ovens, fridges and all appliances.
- Empties and cleans trash containers, and disposes of trash in a sanitary manner.
- Cleans toilets, basins, mirrors, tubs and showers.
- Wipes down glass surfaces, and washes all windows.
- Makes up beds and change linens.
- Distributes linen, towels and room supplies using wheeled carts or by hand, and restocks room supplies.
- Realigns furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Delivers any requested housekeeping items.
- Follows all company safety and security procedures.
- Provide assistance to other team members, including responding to housekeeping problems, as needed or requested.
- Provide assistance to members, owners, and guest to address questions, requests, or concerns; escalates concerns to management as needed.
- Immediately secure any lost & found items and turns them in to Security and/or management.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies or safety hazards, or damage to the property.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all suites.
- Ensures carts and linen/amenity supply closets are well maintained, clean, organized, and stocked according to departmental guidelines.
- Completes all required Company training and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in the Housekeeping field required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods.
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment.
- Fluent in English and excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established time-frames.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate how We Love to Say Yes™ by maintaining the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with team members, management, members, owners, and guests.
Please note that Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) acquired Diamond Resorts International (DRI) as of August 02, 2021. If you apply to work at a Diamond Resorts company you will be an applicant of a subsidiary of HGV. A transition to HGV will occur as we integrate technology, systems and branding but it will take time until our separate operating systems, employment policies and benefits are fully integrated. As a result, for a period of time, employees will receive correspondence and messaging from Diamond Resorts as well as from HGV and related entities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Do you live in or around the Whistler area?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)