We are seeking a caretaker for a grouping of our properties in Lethbridge, AB. Caretakers ensure our buildings are safe and secure and provide a clean, well-maintained and secure building. Each caretaker will be required to live in the building and also maintain the adjacent buildings caring for the buildings both inside and out. This position requires you to be a community partner working hard each day to provide and maintain a safe and environmentally responsible living space that our tenants are proud to call home!
- Clean laundry rooms, including washers, dryers, lint traps, sinks, counters, floors and removes trash;
- Assist with carpet steam cleaning and shampooing as required
- Vacuums the lobby and elevator, as well as cleans lobby windows, removes trash and old newspapers/flyers;
- Cleaning common areas of property (hallways, stairs, elevators)
- Complete cleaning checklist for unoccupied suites and ensure rent ready suites are move-in ready
- Assist in collection of rent and writing of receipts, and deposit to the proper sales agent.
- Checks all floors for burned out lights, debris, and cleans as required;
- Performs frequent patrols of the building if anything is out of place call the proper authorities if required.
- Analyzes emergencies and contacts the necessary party;
- Cautions Residents regarding complaints about excessive noise, disorderly conduct, or misuse of property;
- Adhere to building codes and specifications
- General landscaping, lawn maintenance in the summer, snow removal in the winter
- Ensures all outside entrances to the building are clean and tidy;
- Inspects parking lots, and sweeps/tidies as required;
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Gather and remove garbage.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, or other grounds features.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have good understanding of the English language. This includes both written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Previous experience in housekeeping, common area cleaning would be an asset;
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Take pride in keeping the avenue living properties clean, tidy and presentable.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Be physically able to carry out all necessary duties. All candidates must be physically able, at minimum, to landscape and clean, including bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30lbs;
Salary will include a combination of rent allowance and monetary salary.If you are ready to join a dynamic, growth-oriented company apply today.
***Only those candidates determined to be fully qualified for the position noted above will be contacted for interviews. avenue living is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. avenue livings hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. avenue living does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Job Type: Full-time
- janitorial/housekeeping: 2 years (Preferred)