Hours of Work:
Rotating Shifts & Extended Hours
Time of Day:Shift Length:Open Date::Closing Date::
The 7 Surgical Inpatient Unit at St Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton is a 40 bed acute surgical unit caring for a variety of surgical patients. Specialty surgical procedures include those of orthopaedic and urological perspective. Our highly skilled and dedicated interdisciplinary health professional team work collaboratively to provide care of patients in order to help restore and maintain function as quickly and safely as possible,
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care for clients to promote health and assess need for provision of care and treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitation means in order to attain or maintain optimal function. A high level of collaboration between RN and RPN is required to ensure safe and effective care. The RN role models professional values, beliefs and attributes, and practices in accordance with the SJHH mission and values, policies and procedures, and College of Nurses Standards and Guidelines.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Recent clinical experience with acute surgical inpatients required, within the last year (orthopaedic or urological experience preferred)
- Current BCLS/HCP certification required
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients/clients, families and other members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated ability to set workload priorities and organize work in response to client /patient needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transfers and lifts
- Demonstrated commitment of ongoing learning, professional development , and continuous quality improvement
- Basic skill with computers, MSWord. Internet searches, data entry and patient information systems
- Good work performance and attendance record is essential
Rotating shifts and extended hours - days, nights, weekends, holidays
St. Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability.