Our client is a very successful well established company located in Oshawa. They are adding a senior member to their accounting and finance team.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be looked upon as a leader on the finance team, with a solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems and modelling. You bring to the team a strong operational focus and will be relied upon to play a key part in the development and/or improvement of processes, while bridging the relationship between finance and non-finance peers. This focus will lead to a disciplined approach to problem-solving, management reporting, and the ability to quickly mine data and provide insightful analysis to assist with key decision-making.
Under moderate supervision, the Financial Analyst will present value added ideas and recommendations on financial governance including policies and procedures to support decision making. You will deal with all levels of the Company and have a high degree of access and visibility to Senior Management.
The right candidate will understand the business and not be afraid to roll up his or her sleeves to help out. You will be motivated by challenge, and garner respect in the company to drive results.
- Timely preparation of monthly Financial and Management reporting packages, on a combined and individual basis (including financial statements, financial analysis, tax payments and reconciliations where necessary).
- Co-ordinate and manage, on a timely basis, the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Analyze and report on complex financial and operational data, while verifying the results for accuracy, reasonableness and completeness.
- Prepare operational analysis at the macro level for the company’s various lines of business as well as at the detailed level. Identify opportunities and challenges in our business, and recommend changes where necessary.
- Implement financial controls in accordance with regulatory standards and internal requirements.
- Prepare and update the detailed corporate budget; provide thoughtful analysis to support the business plans.
- Work towards further automation of reporting procedures through use of appropriate software.
- Maximize the use of tools to efficiently obtain data necessary to support financial analysis.
- Prepare and review documentation to support internal reviews and External Audits.
- Co-ordinate inventory control activities including the managing of cycle counts, adjustments and cost and WIP analysis.
- Prepares ad hoc analysis, presentations and reporting to support corporate initiatives and acquisition activities, through the appropriate use of tables, charts, graphs etc.
- Identify opportunities within the business operations.
- Actively participate in meetings to keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status through effective financial management reporting.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Assist with the analysis of potential M and A opportunities
- Assist the Director of Finance with day to day accounting activities as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- 5 + years of progressive financial experience, focused on financial analysis and reporting.
- Progression towards, or the completion of a Canadian professional accounting or finance designation (eg, CPA/CA, CPA/CMA, CPA/CGA etc).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Dynamic NAV and JET reporting would be beneficial.
- Aptitude with technology, specifically advanced knowledge of MS Excel, to efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Effectively collaborate with peers.
- Experience building detailed budgets and financial models.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Team player possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills and who can effectively build relationships in order to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Navision: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 6 years (Required)