Job Title: Breakout/Brake Press Operator in Fabrication shop
Location: Cam Tran is located in Colborne Ontario, in the Industrial Park, just minutes off of Highway 401.
- CAM TRAN CO. LTD. is a family owned distribution transformer manufacturing company with facilities in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, and New Brunswick.
- With 39 years in the utilities industry, we continue to grow as one of the leaders in quality and service in the Canadian market.
- Cam Tran Co. Ltd. provides a clean, safe, and challenging team environment for those who are committed to long term success and continuous improvement.
- Cam Tran Co. Ltd. offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and benefits along with a great "core values" based culture.
- We are on the LEAN journey and are an ISO 9001:2015 registered company.
Cam Tran is looking to fill a full-time Breakout/Brake Press Operator position. The Individual will assist in breaking steel parts out of a skeleton. They will be organized on skids to be moved to the proper locations, following a set schedule. The parts produced from steel, will be formed with a brake press (manual/NC) to make precision bends and punches. The operator will ensure the machines are set up properly and producing parts to drawing specifications. The individual must be proficient in blue print reading (a tablet will be used to look up information), using various measurement and hand tools such as a tape measure, Vernier, square, adjustable protractor, etc. As well as understand how to enter offsets and do adjustments as needed to control the machines speed, path of bend and material feed. The individual will ensure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic quality checks on output. The operator will look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
- Completion of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years of on-the-job training using CNC equipment
- Must be able to read a tape measure and convert between imperial and metric
- Break Press and Laser CNC experience is an asset
- Must show aptitude for math, problem-solving and computer skills
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be competent with using the tools needed for the job
- Able to repeatedly lift up to 50lbs safely
- Familiarity with RFID scanning and computer knowledge for data entry is an asset
- Welding experience is an asset
- Ensure safety is a key part of operations by portraying Health and Safety consciousness
- Math Skills: Will assist the operator with understanding schematics and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: Will assist the operator in understanding why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: Will allow the operator to follow schematics prosaically and avoid critical errors. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Technical Skills: Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand CAD/CAM technology.
- Stamina: Will assist the operator in maintaining a high level of productivity in a fast paced environment, preforming repetitive movements and heavy lifting repetitively.
- Professional attitude: Will allow operator to demonstrate effective communication skills in order to be a reliable member of the team.
- Measurement and hand tools: Will allow the individual to perform their job effectively and efficiently, to produce product that is within tolerance and to company and customer standards
- Group Health Insurance Benefit Plan and RRSP Program
- Monthly Profit Sharing Bonus
- L.E.A.R.N Program Opportunities
- Personal Protective Equipment Allowance
- Opportunities to Advance within the Company
- Employee Engagement Events
If you meet the required qualifications, we would love to hear from you and have you join our Team! We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cam Tran welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.