You embrace technology and love to "run-the-the show". You're looking for a career opportunity with a company that values innovation and respectful teamwork. You are an army of one!
Directworx is a niche marketing industry leader located in the Greater Hamilton Area. Authenticity, innovation, integrity, and collaborative communications are key values. Our culture is one of inspiration, distinctive leadership, peer recognition, with a focus on growing talent and work-life balance.
The Controller is responsible for all aspects of accounting including: accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll, maintaining bank account records, bank reconciliations, general ledger coding of all expenditures and purchases, posting all transactions in journals and the general ledger, and preparation of financial statements.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
- Preparation of various account summaries, reports, statistics
- Preparation of HST, EHT returns
- Remittance of all payroll-related source deductions
- Responding to all payroll-related inquiries
- Assisting with the annual review engagement
- Developing and maintaining procedure manuals
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have an attention to detail and maximizing available resources
- Have excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Be deadline driven and results oriented
- Be an effective and collaborative team member willing to contribute to cooperative workload balancing
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education; major in Accounting
- A CPA designation with minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Advanced proficiency in Quickbooks (or equivalent) and Excel
- Exceptional computer skills and proficiency in PC applications
This is a key leadership role within the organization and will collaborate directly with the President on a variety of subjects.
Directworx offers an enjoyable environment, stability, a competitive salary and an opportunity to contribute to the culture and strategic growth of the company. Only applications who include a cover letter and a detailed resume outlining experience related to the above requirements will be accepted for consideration. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CPA or equiv (Preferred)
- drivers (Required)