Niagara Regional Housing
Operations Program Assistant
Job Opening Id:
27476 # Required: 1
Niagara Regional Housing Division: Housing Operations
Thorold, ON Standard Hours: 35.00 / week
Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
2 Salary Range: $41,990 - $49,400
2021-01-21 Close Date: 2021-02-03
Responsible for providing administrative support and services to the Senior Property Administrator and PA team. Assists in the
planning, coordination and maintenance of the public housing services, including ensuring an up to date database for contractor
information for seamless support.
- High school graduate.
- Post-secondary diploma in Office Administration, Business or other related field is preferred.
- 2 years of office administration and working with systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Yardi, with book keeping skills is preferred.
- Microsoft Office capability, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingual English and French is considered an asset.
1. Providing general administrative support to staff, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in creating divisional reports for the Niagara Regional Housing board of directors.
- Maintaining and ensuring a timely and effective communication strategy within the division (e.g. staff announcements, directives,
issues and items of staff interest).
- Scheduling appointments and meetings, as required, on behalf of the SPA and ensure that the SPA has all relevant documentation
- Drafting letters on behalf of the Senior Property Administrator.
- Completing print shop orders, including applications, annual review forms and other correspondence, as required.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets for data storage.
2. Dispatching tenant charges and batching invoices twice a month in Yardi, including but not limited to:
- Validating invoice amounts and balances ensuring accuracy of nearly 10,000 work orders annually.
- Organizing each batch of invoices in YARDI numerically by contract to correspond with the total within an invoice.
3. Managing the logistics and accuracy of the authorized contractor list the authorized contractors, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring the contractor’s workers compensation, liabilities insurance (WSIB) and other required documentation are up to date.
- Requesting any forms or documents required from contractors to complete the requested service.
- Ensuring the answering contact list for emergency calls is up to date.
- Providing a first point of contact support for invoicing and payment issues for contractors.
4. Conducting building attendance administrative support for Building Attendant and other training sessions, including but not
- Scheduling team meetings, taking meeting minutes and attendance (i.e. annual building meeting).
- Preparing the necessary paperwork, including drafting reports.
- Setting up building attendance controls for HR and maintaining the required files.
5. Supporting the property administrator team by preparing tenant notice for all inspections and other required visits.
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application. We thank all candidates for their
interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to forward their application/resume, clearly marked as Job Opening # 27476 – Operations
Program Assistant, to Human Resources before the posting close date.
For your convenience you may use one of the options noted below:
- e-mail to myHR@niagararegion.ca, OR
- Fax to (905) 641-2232, OR