-- DATA ENTRY CLERK --
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
HIV/AIDS Drug Treatment Program
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: A full time position
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Vancouver, BC
JOB: Performs accurate abstraction, data entry and database maintenance for the provincial HIV/AIDS drug treatment and prevention programs and for other select program and studies within BC-CfE and its affiliated clinics. Accurately, and within strict timelines, abstracts and enters client, provider, and prescription data, used for clinical, programmatic/operational and research purposes, from related forms into the relevant database. Transfers data from paper and electronic formats into computer files or database systems, verifying data by comparing it to source documents.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world-renowned HIV/AIDS Research Centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
BENEFITS: Employee benefits include medical, dental, as well as accrued vacation and sick time
- Checks legibility and completeness of prescription request/refill forms, in preparation for data entry. Follows up on discrepancies with physicians and pharmacists and synchronizes multiple drug refills. Keeps a pending file to track missing data for incomplete forms.
- Enters and scans confidential patient and prescriber information data, into electronic databases, from the drug-dispensed-request-prescription forms, the drug-dispensed-review-and-refill forms, and program enrolment forms daily, according to established procedures.
- Verifies request/refill data keyed (and scanned) to check on accuracies of dispensing and other vital information. Identifies and reports discrepancies or problems in databases to the Drug Treatment Program Supervisor and Senior Manager, to address with the lead Oracle Programmer.
- Identified and enters updated information into relevant databases such as changes in patient address, prescriber information, patient status, and other data.
- Identifies and submits requests for missing or unclear information to Pharmacy.
- Retrieves and copies prescription forms from the Pharmacy department daily, and consults with the Supervisor and Pharmacists regarding problems, discrepancies and new procedures.
- Prepares patient list and profiles, for new drug request forms, for submission to the Authorizing Physician or designate for review daily.
- Receives reviewed drug request forms daily from the Authorizing Physician or designate and prepares and sends letters (e.g. approval or queries) to physicians regarding the status of their requests. Prepares report for Pharmacy regarding daily drug approvals.
- Releases information to authorized personnel in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Answers and triages telephone calls from health professionals, the public, and others and relays messages to the appropriate individual or program.
- Checks error reports on a weekly basis, and generates prescription refill forms, clinical staging forms, and physician labels.
- Enters data into electronic databases for select BC-CfE affiliated clinics, studies, and other programs.
- Creates and maintains filing systems for confidential documents according to established procedures.
- Performs general office and other duties as required.
- Grade 12, training in data entry and computer keyboarding supplemented by a minimum of one (1) years of recent related experience in a health care/clinical research environment. Experience with health record data abstraction an asset.
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, email and internet
- Demonstrated knowledge of database applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong organization, time management and daily planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and sound judgment
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to produce accurate records within strict timelines
- Strong attention to detail
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please include in your letter of submission:
· Curriculum Vitae
· Salary Expectation and Availability
c/o HR Coordinator BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, BC, FAX: 604-806-8464, e-mail
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)