For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Life & Health Insurer of the Year for 2021 and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health solutions partner with over 7,700 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Full-time, 12-month term
We currently have an opening in the Finance department of Medavie Blue Cross for an Accounts Payable clerk. In this role, the incumbent would report to the Team Leader – Payroll and Accounts Payable, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing and payment of invoices and employee expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviewing supplier invoices by ensuring that they have proper approvals and coding, prior to keying into accounting software;
- Reviewing employee expense reports and ensure they are aligned with the company’s travel and expense policy and have approvals, prior to coding it into the accounting software;
- Accurately processing cheques and EFT’s based on scheduled runs;
- Processing direct billing invoices from our preferred travel carriers;
- Processing credit card payments while ensuring proper authorization and coding;
- Responding to internal and external inquiries in a timely and professional manner;
- Provide support to other finance areas, as needed;
- Participating in adhoc finance projects;
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline and enhance existing processes and procedures.
Education: Post-secondary education in business or accounting and/or equivalent work experience.
Work Experience: Previous experience in an Accounts Payable function will be considered an asset.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Self-directed with high levels of personal accountability and responsibility.
- Display professionalism while working with various internal and external parties.
- Possess strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Are well organized and poses excellent time management skills.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and strong technical abilities, including proficiency in spreadsheet preparation and ability to operate with multiple software’s and platforms.
Language Skills: Bilingualism in English and French will be considered an asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Equity, Finance