Now Hiring - Regional Service Coordinator – Lac La Biche
(Full Time Term to March 31, 2021)
The First Nations Health Consortium Ltd. of Alberta (FNHC) is hiring for the position of Regional Service Coordinator. This position would be best suited to individuals who have a background in health, nursing, social work and education, or a combination of education and relevant experience, strong client service coordination skills, knowledge and experience, including work with First Nations organizations and communities. This recruitment will be positioned in Lac La Biche. This position is available on a term basis to March 31, 2021 but may be extended.
Working to uphold Jordan’s Principle, the Consortium provides a ‘service coordination’ role in Alberta for all First Nation children living on or off reserve and serves as the link between any First Nation child and the service or program need for the child.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Northern Alberta Team Lead, the Regional Service Coordinator will work directly with First Nations children and their families on and off reserve. Working in a collaborative manner with a team approach – identify the needs of the child and determine, in an expedited manner, how to meet those needs leaning on service professionals in the health, social and education fields as well as other community resources; initiating required needs assessments; service planning; coordination and ongoing monitoring for First Nations (FN) children and their families. Strong communication and presentation skills are required. The position encompasses travel to communities north of Lac La Biche on a monthly basis.
· Degree or Diploma in Health Sciences, Social Work, or other related field.
· Licenses to work in Alberta as determined by the appropriate professional regulatory body
· Significant experience working with First Nations communities with demonstrated cultural knowledge and competencies
· Proven track record in carrying out service coordination, with service coordination in First Nations communities being an asset
· Ability to speak one of the First Nations languages is an asset
· Driver’s License, Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check and Vulnerable Sector Check required
· Competitive salary to commensurate with education and experience along with a generous benefits package will be provided.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Glenda Galger, HR Administrator, First Nations Health Consortium, by fax (587) 391-1362 or via Indeed.
NOTE: From those selected for consideration, three references are required with at least two being current/previous supervisors. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Health Science or Social Work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)