At Next Hydrogen, we design and build green hydrogen electrolyzer units to create a cleaner, greener future for all. It’s a tall order, and we know that. But it is far more achievable and cost effective than ever before. That’s why we have embarked on a mission to hire passionate, skilled talent that are committed to a cause bigger than all of us. If you are up for the challenge, we would like to speak with you. Come join the #nexthydrogenfamily and do some NEXT level good.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Assembly and Test Operator is a key production team member who performs the assembly and/or testing of NHC’s products. They perform their work process based upon standard material kits that are used for quality product assembly.
- Assemble and test products according to established quality standards and timelines.
- Complete setup/hookups for testing, perform functional tests, and complete disconnect of product units as required
- Perform quality checks on the product
- Operate manual assembly and testing tools including small torque wrenches
- Maintain and clean products and work areas
- Assist with product and part shipping and receiving and any other needed duties as required
- Follow all safety standards and wear appropriate personal protective equipment required for assigned job duties
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2–5 years' experience in light assembly and/or testing of manufactured products to established quality standards and timelines
- Previous experience in operating basic computer functions and data entry
- Strong sense of responsibility with ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good eye/hand coordination with high finger/hand dexterity.
- Previous experience with ERP systems and/or an IT system for order management and fulfillment is preferred
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing principles and quality management systems preferred
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Experience with overhead cranes/hoists is considered an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent but technical associate degree or diploma preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, reaching and standing for long periods of time
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less), Heavy Lifting (occasional 25 lbs +)
- High level of hand dexterity to handle very small parts with your hands with precision
- Some evening, weekend and/or shift work maybe required to meet established timelines
Next Hydrogen Corp. is a an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations that are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check, Education, and Work Experience Verification.
Job Type: Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Stock options
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All appropriate and reasonable COVID-19 protocols have been put in place to protect our workers and guests based on local and provincial guidelines and requirements.
- Do you have previous experience entering parts, assembly, supply chain or other information into a company enterprise resource planning (ERP) system?
- What is your hourly pay rate expectations for this position?
- Assembly: 2 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)